DIY- makeup brush holders/ Storage :)

Hello lovelies <3 
                Hope everyone is having a lovely lovely week :). I know I sure am :). So I recently bought a bunch of arts and crafts kinds of things after being inspired by AndreasChoice on YouTube . I don't personally buy makeup brush holders or anything like that because I prefer to make my own :) crafty and a money saver especially if you are like myself and you have a hoard of brushes etc etc ....

One way I make my brush holders is old candle jars like the Yankee candle jars or even Bath&Body works ones work or the candles at Wally World/Target I'm sure you all get the point :p . After I burn a candle and there's nothing but the bottom wax that doesn't burn left I depot the wax and wick holder . 

Step by step tutorial: 
Either A1:after the flame goes out and the wax is still soupy you can pour it out into the trash can ( if you prefer this method and the wax is cool and hard put it on a candle warmer :)) 
A2: after you have poured the wax content out it's going to be on the sides of the glass jar(s) (I personally like to wait until the wax hardens just because I find it easier to clean) take the candle container into the kitchen if not already in the kitchen and whatever dish soap you use pour a small amount into jar and swash around I have found dawn and Ajax work the best . 

A3: now after that step is done and you have the soap covering the whole inside of the jar take hot water (it doesn't matter how hot but it has to be hot enough to the touch ) and fill the jar with hot water. After that I like to let mine sit for 10-30 minutes 

A4: after you've let the candle jar sit for 10-30 take a sponge any sponge works and start to scrub the inside of jar or where ever the wax had gotten on to ( the longer you let it sit the easier it is to clean) at this point the remaining wax should just pop out and the jar should be squeeeeeeeeaky clean and ready to use :). 

A5: OPTIONAL- one of my favorite things to do is paint the jars fun colors :) my favorite color is pink so 100% of the time it will probably be a pink based design :p lol 

Another optional step you can do is put beads/ rice/ decor rocks in the bottom of your jar to keep them from moving :) 

B. Let wax cool and harden to its solid form again , after it's hardened take the candle container into the kitchen and fill it with Hot water it honestly doesn't matter how hot it just needs to be hot enough to the touch. 
B2: (OPTIONAL- you can add dish soap to the water to help it come out faster) Let your candle jar sit for 10-30 minutes keep in mind the longer it sits the easier it is to clean . 

B3: after you've let the jar sit empty the water from the jar and take a butter knife or plastic knife and cut around the outer circle all the way around it should be loose enough it will all come out together 

B4: Remove the left over wax and take a sponge and dish soap and scrub the inside/outside of jar and it is ready to go :) 

B5: OPTIONAL- paint jar your favorite color or add festive rocks/ rice/ beads :) 

Another Brush container idea is a Terracotta Flower pot or Icing Jar as in the plastic ones you get in the cake isle :) if I do that I just buy some cheap paint and make them look extra fancy. I hope you found this post helpful 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, subscribe to me on my social networks, and giving me feed back it means more to me than you all really know <3. If you have any questions feel free to ask me :). 

---------------- Stay Connected?-----------
Business Email: 
Makeupbykaylynndoll@gmail.com 

Product reviews? Or Request or even questions feel free to message me :) <3 

Instagram: 
@Dollfacekaylynn
Twitter: 
Dollfacekaylynn
Facebook
Dollfacekaylynn
YouTube 
Dollfacekaylynn

143 <3 

Comments

Popular Posts