Battle of the Face Primers! (Drugstore)

Oh my gosh it's beeeeeeen forever <3 oh how I've missed blogging I've been so busy with work I haven't really had a break in time to do a thing but I'm going to start prewriting blog post and I'm going to set the publish thing to release them on schedule ( this is IF I can figure it out LOL) now before I keep rambling on and on let's jump into the post :)

The battle of Face Primers dun dun duuuuuuun! 

About a year ago I invested in my VERY FIRST high end make up product and that was the benefit POREfessional I thought that if I wanted anything high end or if I was going to invest my money into high end products I wanted it to be something meaningful and that was 100% useful I don't like to waste money I'm kind of a tight wad ( & yes I'm not afraid to admit it! Lol) 

Skin history time ... My skin is normal I'm not dry and I'm not oily my skin is not sensitive but it is acne prone but hormonal acne so it's not really something I can help but I sure can tame it! ;) I have HUUUUUGE pores around my nose area and on my cheeks which I was ever so lucky to inherit 

Anytime I get a primer not only do I want it to make my makeup last and go on just as smooth as butter but I need to to fill in my pores if not I look like a crater on the moon so when I bought the POREfessional I was inlove! But I honestly didn't want to spend the $32 to replace it everytime it runs out so me being a savvy saver I started playing around with some drugstore alternatives 

The first one I wanted to try out because I heard dollfacebeautyx rave about it was the Hard Candy Face Primer "Sheer Envy" they have about 5 options to choose from ( Green, purple, illuminating, pore coverage and one called base) I picked up the one called Base my Walmart was out of the pore primer so I thought is go ahead and give it a try 

You get 1.6oz of product in the sheer envy and you get 0.75oz in the POREfessional 

Sheer Envy is 8$ at Walmart ( you can only get HardCandy at Walmart) 
POREfessional 32$ at sephora 

The Sheer Envy is in a white lotion form it is very liquid-y and has a very sillicone texture it feels like that slippery texture 

MY RESULTS WITH PRODUCT: 
I have used this with my Covergirl 3-n-1 foundation and surprise surprise my L'oreal truematch foundation and I've had nothing but flawless results it keeps my pores filled and my make up long lasting and I can use less foundation and get the same results as if I would if I had to use more and is equal to if I was to use my POREfessional which is a win win more product for a lower price! 

The next primer I invested in was the Maybelline Babyskin I was pulled in by the hype I can't even lie haha 
This will run you about 5/6$ 

Compared to the Benefit POREfessional I would say the POREfessional works better covering your pores wise but it is a great face primer if you already have good skin 

Compared to the Sheer Envy I would say the Sheer envy wins not only do you get more for your 8$ vs the 5/6$ for the baby skin the Sheer Envy covers more makes your makeup look better and stays on longer 

Also alittle side note I'm not sure if it's just me but I feel like the Babyskin can come off alittle greasy compared to the other two 

I'd give the Babyskin 3 out of 5 stars 
Sheer Envy a solid 5 out of 5 I plan on grabbing the others and testing them out as well and I plan on putting them in my kit since they work so well
Ofcourse the POREfessional gets a 5 out 5 but I just wanted to make this post to show you don't always have to spend an arm and a leg to achieve the same looks and results :). 


I have ordered a primer from Avon and I'm waiting for it to arrive and when it does I'm going to do a compare post between these 3 and it I'd love to try a mary kay primer as well so I'm thinking about ordering from their website or if I can find a consultant until then stay beautiful <3 



hope you enjoyed today's post if you'd like more post like this please let me know I'm always interested in feedback on what it is everyone would like to see or what I could improve also don't forget to check the bottom bar for full details on where you can stay in contact with me at I'm always always always interested in chatting with fellow bloggers or taking suggestions :). Have a lovely day/ night 

Xoxo

143 



------------ STAY CONNECTED-------

Business Email;
 Makeupbykaylynndoll@gmail.com

Questions? Product reviews? More? Feel free to message me <3 

Instagram 
 & @makeupbykaylynn

Twitter:
@kaylynndoll_

YouTube 
Www.youtube.com/Dollfacekaylynn 
 

Comments

  1. Lovely Blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Check out my blog and facebook page:
    www.wajihaslifediary.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=337766586400230&fref=ts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? ETC; I will always respond back ASAP <3! Or feel free to message me at Simplykaylynnpr@gmail.com

Popular Posts